To Barcode, RFID or Tag your Assets
Barcode, RFID, Tag?????
Should you tag your assets?
Should it be barcoding, RFID, a combination of both or other alternatives?
Our theory is it certainly helps with tracking though it is not mandatory. Here are some reasons why you should:
- Marketing and/or Advertising - Have your name and logo on every asset, great for service providers who have assets at customer sites.
- Reduce Human Error - By utilising a barcode or RFID scanner, there is no human intervention or possibility to enter in the wrong Asset Identifier.
- Asset Centric Maintenance - If you are barcoding/tagging and have a CMMS or maintenance solution, the work orders can be assigned to the asset and the in field service technician can simply scan the barcode and the appropriate work order appears.
- Reduce Theft and Misappropriation - Barcoding or asset tagging reduces the risk of theft as it is apparent the assets are being tracked.
- Reduce Audit Time - The time to complete an audit is greatly reduced by scanning as opposed to manually entering in data.
- Locate Assets - Be able to locate an asset when you need it!
Which tagging solution is best suited depends on the industry and the asset. There needs to be a Return on Investment (ROI), give us a call and we would be happy to chat about the options.
We can also assist with the asset tagging service, click here to find out more.
Prefer to Talk Directly? Want to know more about barcoding, RFID or tagging? Contact Us: